What is Sports Massage Therapy?
Sports massage therapy is a valuable aid to healing and relaxation, for athletes and less active people alike. Therapists use a mix of different techniques of manual manipulation of the skin, muscle and soft-tissue. As it’s a deeper form of massage, recipients find it a better remedy for aches and pains, with longer lasting results.
Sports massage is used in the treatment of back pain, headaches, muscle imbalance, muscle overuse and joint stiffness, whether caused by occupational and postural mechanisms, sport, or tension and stress. It can act as a preventative therapy as well as a remedy for existing symptoms. Regular massage can identify potential injury risk, and will leave you both invigorated and relaxed.
Sports Massage Benefits
- Speedier muscle recovery after training or competition.
- Increased range of motion and flexibility in the joints.
- Improved, more relaxed posture.
- Reduced injury risk.
- Enhanced physical and sporting performance.
- Reduced tension and stress levels and greater general wellbeing.