The minimum cancellation period for appointments is 24 hours. If you cancel within 24 hours of your appointment, you will be charged.
If you are claiming from private medical insurance, and your insurance company does not pay for cancelled appointments, you are personally responsible for paying this charge.
First late cancellation charge
We understand that some circumstances, such as sudden onset of an illness, hospitalisation, or transportation issues, mean it is not possible to give 24 hours’ notice of cancellation.
We therefore only charge 50% of your appointment fee for your first cancellation.
Second late cancellation charge
The full appointment fee will be charged for your second cancellation made with less than 24 hours’ notice.
Payment of this fee must be made within 7 days of the missed appointment, or 24 hours prior to attending your next appointment.
No follow-up appointments will be booked until the cancellation charge is paid.
Health insurance claims:
- Therapists consulting at Marple Physio are recognised by all major health insurers.
- Clients wishing to fund their treatment with private health insurance MUST provide insurance policy numbers and authorisation numbers prior to their first appointment.
- Clients must always confirm the terms of their policy with their insurer before coming to their first appointment.
- Clients are asked to settle any insurance excess within 7 days of notice being sent.
- Marple Physio cannot be held responsible for the non-payment of claims, and clients should note that they are ultimately responsible for payment of their accounts.
If you fail to inform us by the 20th of the month that you no longer want to attend Pilates, you will owe payment for the following month’s classes.
Should you have any queries about our cancellation policy or health insurance claims, please get in touch.