Our remote consultations for physiotherapy, workstation assessments, and one-to-one Pilates.
Our remote consultations involve us undertaking your appointment via a video link on your computer, tablet, or smartphone.
Rapid Implementation Guidelines have been published to allow us to use varying methods of remote contact, including WhatsApp video, FaceTime, Skype, and Zoom, so that we can begin as soon as possible. We are happy to use whichever application you are most familiar with.
If you have any queries, please get in touch. We are available 8am to 8pm, Monday to Saturday, for a free telephone consultation.
Remote consultation instructions
What do you need to have?
- A good internet connection.
- Access to a private, well-lit room where you won’t be disturbed.
- A computer, tablet, or smartphone with built-in camera and microphone.
- Pen and paper to hand.
Ensure you are able to prop your camera / screen up, and use it hands free, so that we can ask you to stand up and perform movements whilst you are visible on screen.
If it is a workstation set up, the camera needs to be separate to your main workstation equipment, for example, using your smartphone to one side so our physiotherapist can see you working at your desk.
What do you need to do?
BEFORE THE CONSULTATION:
- Follow the provided set-up instructions to the video conferencing software.
- Test your audio and video connection and adjust the settings so you can see and hear well (or get someone to do this for you).
- Ensure you have adequate room to move about in.
- Ensure we have your telephone number in case the video link fails.
- Ensure you are wearing appropriate clothing for the area we need to assess (e.g., a vest for a shoulder examination or shorts for a knee examination).
A degree of undressing may be required, for example, we may ask you to remove your top to see your back. We will not ask you to remove underwear.
DURING THE CONSULTATION:
- Say hello or wave when you see us (we may both have to play around with the sound and picture settings to get them working well).
- Look at the screen (there’s no need to look directly at the camera).
- If you get cut off and cannot re-connect, wait for a phone call.
- When we have both said good-bye, disconnect.
Remote consultations are voluntary however the large majority of face-to-face appointments are not available at this time.
Your consent to the remote consultation is implied by accepting the online invitation and entering the remote consultation. You will be sent a separate consent form via email which we ask you to complete and return to us via email before your consultation takes place.
It is your responsibility to ensure you have adequate anti-spyware and anti-virus protection on your equipment/devices. If you are using a mobile phone the contact can only be as secure as any other call on that mobile network.
The call will not be digitally recorded without your prior consent but clinical outcomes from the consultation will be recorded and stored on your patient record at Marple Physiotherapy.
We will ensure there will be no-one else present in the room who may see and/or hear the consultation without your consent.
Remote physiotherapy review
If you are wondering how online physiotherapy could help you, please read Kat’s review following her recent remote consultation.
“I really cannot recommend this practice highly enough. After two years of chronic pain, I am finally on the road to recovery, thanks to the help of the physiotherapists at Marple Physio. I also had my first video consultation appointment with Nicky yesterday, something the practice has introduced now face to face appointments are not currently possible. I was unsure how a video consultation would work, but I found it to be extremely useful. I have been experiencing a flare up of symptoms over the last few weeks, and Nicky did a fantastic job of suggesting exercises and movements I could use to help with them. She demonstrated moves, observed how I was moving, and I feel confident I now have some new things to try, to help relieve symptoms. I would definitely recommend a video consultation, to anyone wondering if it might be helpful.”
To book your consultation please complete our online booking form*.
If you would like to know more about how we can help you, please contact us and one of our friendly team will be happy to discuss your needs, without obligation.
* Please note: If your treatment costs are to be paid directly by your health insurance company, we kindly ask that you contact us by phone or email to arrange your appointment.
Coronavirus (Covid-19) update
Please read our COVID-19 guidance for the latest information on how we are keeping our staff and clients safe.
Please read our cancellation policy.
Here's what our clients say.
At Marple Physiotherapy we pride ourselves on our excellent reputation. We therefore highly value the patient feedback we receive as we continually strive to improve our services.
© 2023 Marple Physio. All rights reserved.